Friday 28 October 2016

Pendulum Exercise

On week 5, I did the pendulum exercise. To figure out the timing and arc, I designed to start with  the pendulum in Maya first. 



 I felt that doing pendulum on Maya wasn't hard however I stuck on the tangent for whiles. 

It was slightly confusing to use free tangents on the graphic editor because I haven't been figured out all the functions of the buttons and it can easily cause the mistakes.  



Eventually, I've solved the problem by reading through the Blackboard instruction, followed it step by step to approach the final result. The curve changed from linear to arcs which also changed the smoothness of the pendulum. 



I found out that simulated the exercise on Maya can easily make me understand how the arcs and bouncing of pendulum works. I also completed the bar sheet with this graphic editor. 




Finally, I moved on the stop motion room. Initially, I tried to do it without the guide and it worked awfully. Therefore, I drew an arc on the table just to help with the direction. It looks better than last time but I still have lots of things to improve such as when the block step back to prepare jump, it looked very stiff and unnatural. Furthermore, I would like to improve the arc because it looked more like an oval rather than a semi-circle.  



No comments:

Post a Comment