Sunday 16 October 2016

A to B slow in and slow out



Here is the  video of A to B slow in and slow out on the Vimeo



I think this exercise was quite hard for me because I could not figure out the timing and measurement of the block in the beginning. At initial, I tried to constantly increase 1mm between the frames but it failed as the block moved out from the camera frame. Then I tried second times, increase 1mm between every three frames, but still failed because it does not show the slow in/ slow out. Finally, I tried to increase 1mm at the first few frames, then, move to 2mm, 3mm and so on, until 10mm, I started to reduce down the distance as the block has to be slow out. It worked successfully for the third time.


Here is my bar sheet for A to B slow in/ slow out exercise. As you can see how struggle I was,  I used different colours of the pen to analysis the timing and tried to work out the measurement between frames.



I've spent three hours in the studio and I felt struggling, confusion and annoyance while doing the exercise. I frequently struggled with the technical things. For example, I was unable to connect the camera to Stop Motion Pro, it was very frustration as I tried so many times to disconnect the USB and put back on again. I was thought about give up, let's do it another day, but I eventually solved the problem with Josh's help.

The reason of unable to connect was that I did not set the camera on manual. I did not read through the introduction sheet when I started setup the camera because I thought I already knew it well from the last exercise. Hence, I skipped this important step and focused on the camera setting.This experience has taught me that always skimming the introductions first before we start making things. If you made one error, you would not able to continue and it might waste a lot of time to find out the reason.

In the future, I will make sure skim the introduction first and make it as a habit whenever I create a stop motion animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment