Monday 3 October 2016

Animation Job Role: Animator (2D computer animation)

Animator ( 2D computer animation)

Today's task is to research a job role  in animation industry. Write down the qualifications and skills they needed and then come up with three activities that i will conduct in semester 1 in order to  develop myself in that direction.

Image of mouse from www.animationarena.com

Is this role right for me 

To do this role, you will need to:
  • have animation and acting skills, combined with a good sense of graphic design
  • have a good level of computer literacy
  • have a good working knowledge of relevant graphics, animation and compositing software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects Flash and/or Cel Action 
  • have a good understanding of the principles of animation and film making
  • have knowledge of drawing and structure
  • be self-motivated
  • be able to take direction and willing to address constructive feedback
  • be able to communicate clearly with colleagues 
  • be able to manage relevant aspects of production
  • have the capacity to work both independently and as part of a team
  • have an appreciation of accuracy and pay close attention to detail
  • be able to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure, if required
  • have respect for the procedures and requirements of a particular studio or production
  • have knowledge of the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and procedures
The highlighted sentences are my targets. 

Action Plan


In order to have a good sense of acting skills, I plan to acting poses or movement while sketching. In future, I will pretend to be angry or show other emotions and acting like really mad and use my body language such as jump on the floor, punch the table... to presents the emotion. I will observe myself in front of the mirror or recorded it down as reference for animation development.

To develop the knowledge of drawing and structure, I am going to do more sketches in my free time. To achieve this, I will come to university earlier in the morning to do sketches. I will also draw while on the bus, sketch people in the traffic or environment I've saw.

To be able to work as part of team, I will join the group activities, or arrange an event like go out together with classmates to Escape Room. It is a very fun activity that lock people in a room, and require player to find the clues and work as part to team to get a way out. I think this is really good for us as I played Escape Room once in the college trip and I found it very useful to get know each other in depth. I felt more closer with my college mates not only  we discussed in the room but also we solved problems together, we helped each other and became to partner. 

References
http://creativeskillset.org/job_roles/353_animator_2d_computer_animation 

No comments:

Post a Comment