Tuesday 4 October 2016

Gibbs reflection about first class of Animation 101

Description 

It was second week of university that we were giving assessment brief of Animation 101 and been shown around the stop motion room by teachers in order to conduct stop frame animation in the future. Two incidents were happened on that day which I was late for half hour because I thought the class started from 10 o'clock, this has caused me missed part of information which is '12 principle of animation'. In addition, I did not hear what Jame said clearly when he introduced of equipment because his voice was lower and there were too many people crowed in the room.

Feeling 

I felt upset about lateness of the lecture as I missed parts of important information. Although I have asked one of classmate for lecture time, she told me it might be 10, I should have ask other people or teacher to confirm the time again. During the introduction of stop motion room, the influence of late still affected me that lead me unable to concentrate. What I felt was confusing and depressing while walk around the stop motion room, plus I was standing at the back; the room was slightly small that students could not see properly.

Evaluation 

I did not ask the teacher any question when he finished because I was afraid of speaking in front of  other people, plus most of other students were really quite and this seems they have understood everything. but sooner I felt much better as one of my classmate said she has same feeling in the stop motion room as she was a bit confused but timid to ask. This has encouraged me to express my confusion next time and it might helps other students as well.

Analysis

In retrospect, I should have ask more than one people to confirm the lecture time or make note when teacher mentioned it during the lesson. I should also engage to express my confusion about the equipments or speak to teacher afterward. 

Conclusion

 In retrospect, I would do several things differently. I should have spoken to other student or teacher about the accurate lecture time. I could even post the question on Facebook group; they are willing to answer all the questions. This experience has made me realised that I should build up my confidence and social skills in the university. I should overcome my hesitant thoughts and engage to communicate with others in order to develop my social skills.

Action Plan


In future, I will express my confusion courageously and build up a relationship with classmates. I have been made several friends and often went out with them. Additionally, I have chatted with them on the Facebook group and share my work. Overall, I will constantly interact with teachers and classmates as communication is essential to our life. 



  



No comments:

Post a Comment