Friday 11 November 2016

Week 7 Review of Block Interaction and Ball Weight



The things I've learned today that include:
  • Pro-type something e.g. bar sheet, storyboard... before going to computer or stop motion room.
  • be prepared, be organised.
  • Observe, translate, animate


Reviews of Block Interaction 



Block Interaction 1


I realised that my animation was too quick which causes it  lost performance. Timing was a big problem because the animation is only around 5 seconds, the blocks moved too fast during the performing, it would be better if I hold the block for few seconds to show the performances. In next exercise, I will put more thoughts in timing, do not be afraid of holding blocks, play with the spacing and distance to make animation better. 



Block Interaction 2

This is my second interaction exercise. I learned the lesson from last experience and slow the block down by repeating each frame three times. I intended to redo the animation frame by frame, however after I collected the camera, I just released there's no tripod left. I was really annoyed about this because we supposed to have 6 tripods (as 6 cameras and 6 rooms) but there are only 5 tripods and all of them were been used. Therefore, the only thing I could do was to repeat the frames in order to slow down the motion. After I change the timing, the performance can be seen clearly, but it did not perform smoothly as it's done by repeating frames.  The plan nerve catches up the changes. From this experience, I had gained the awareness of equipment preparation and avoid of book camera at the rush time. 


I had no clue how to animate three blocks at the same time. Block interaction is different to another exercise, which needed more than one object to achieve the interaction. This required accurate timing and the good understanding of Maya. Fortunately, after spent almost one hour and a half, I finally made it. Although it's not perfect, but I'm pleased with its completion. 

Image result for ball weight animation



Ball Weight 

Ball weight is the essential element in the animation.
The task we've been given today is to produce four stop-motion animation and one Maya animation for the following selections:
  • Ballon (featured on light and the wind)
  • Ping-pong ball (featured on small, bouncy and light)
  • Beach Ball (featured on large, soft and light)
  • Bowling ball(featured on large, heavy and hard)
  • Ball of clay (featured on small, hard and solid)
Use circular disk or 2p coins to represent the balls bouncing across the screen. Apply the principle of Squash and Stretch in Maya animation. 

Timing and Spacing

Timing = Speed+Tempo

More Frames + Less Change = Slow Motion
Big Space + Less Frames + More Change = Fast Motion



Notebook Record 





This is a Beach ball bouncing video. It did not bounce great but I can still observe the motion of the ball. From the video, we can see that beach ball is light, soft and bouncy but because of its volume, it did not bounce much. 





No comments:

Post a Comment