Thursday 9 March 2017

Walk cycle barsheet and reference video

This will be the reference video for my stop motion exercise.I had reduce the speed so viewers can see the movement of the feet clearly. 

As I observed the video above, I noticed that the average time of each step is around 2 seconds. Therefore,  the total armature video will take 8 seconds that include 2 seconds hold.



Reality is always crueler than planning. When I started animate the armature, the timing is too quick and it felt so wrong. There are several faults in the video, firstly, timing. The armature walked too fast, which completely different from my barsheet. Secondly, the distance between toe and heel is not right as well. Thirdly, the staging is horrible as the viewer can not see the waving arms at all. 



The walk still looks very odd but slightly better this time. When left foot step forward, the other foot seemed slide backward, which look like Micheal Jackson's dancing step.  I don't know the reason yet but I will do more practice to get a better walk cycle later. I am happy with my progress as first time I did a terrible video without timing and spacing, but this time, I'm getting improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment