Friday 23 December 2016

Start Painting

I have chosen this photo as my main painting for making of. Not any particularly reason, I just like how the woman sits on the chair with one hand hold her cheek. She looks so relaxed and seemed to dream of something. 


Process of Painting 

I looked few painting tutorials on the YouTube and found out that most of the digital artist like to paint in grey first, and then start to colour in different colours. I haven't know the reason yet, but I tried it the same way and it sorted gave me a clue that why they did it. I think it would give them a better understanding of shadows and lighting, as the different level of greys has shown all the shadows such as creases, so when they colour it, they don't have to think about shadows anymore. 


I always would like to sketch out the character first because it would be easier for me to outline on the Photoshop.









No comments:

Post a Comment