Saturday 7 January 2017

Painting Process

I have finished half of the painting. As you see here, I first completed the face with expression,  shadows and highlights. I spent eighty percents of time on the eyes and skin, attempted to make it as realistic and possible. 
Compare to the reference photo, the face here is too sharp because I tended to depict a elegant woman in my mind, I wished to create a painting with my own style instead of copying the photo. Therefore, I will change few elements but keep the primitive.  




For the body and clothes, I've only roughly painted the colours and shadows to show the contracture. In the next few weeks, I will focus on the patterns and embroidered on the dress. 

The image below is a screenshot of clothes embroidered that involved some Chinese element on it. I create a new file to paint it because I want to make it as details as possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment