Wednesday 7 December 2016

Ideas of Making of - Flip Book

I think about make a flip book about my daily life. It wouldn't have to be lots of content, but it will record some of the funny moment such as get up the bed every morning, clean the room or just simply eating... I'd love to record them and make them into flip book. I'll document the process of making flip book and book biting them if possible. 




In 1890s, People first discovered that photographs could be sequenced and viewed as moving pictures  and its acknowledge in the flip book industry. 
I did research about the history of the flip book and found out that the first flipbook actually appeared in Birmingham, England 1868 when the British lithograph printer John Barnes Linnett patented his new invention under the name Kineograph, literally ''a moving picture''. 

Alternative Flipbooks



Not all flipboks are literal books! I found an brilliant video that creator manipulates paper sheets of various sizes to depict a runner practicing parkour in a cityscape.



Another interesting example of innovative flipbook-style design can be seen in the video above, involving a ''human flipbook'' using static images of 150 T-shirts. 

Photography Flipbooks


As I mentioned above, I want to do a photography flipbook that take photos and arranged them in sequence to depict motion. I will takes a series of photographs, uploads them to a flipbook computer program and print out a flipbook ready for viewing. Hopefully, I can get book biting in the New Aldelphi building to make a real photography flipbook. 



No comments:

Post a Comment