Monday 5 December 2016

Process of City Project

We did some extra work on Monday. James had made few more tepees.






Research 

I carried on the patterns. This time, my patterns featured on the Chinese geometric patterns that people frequently saw it on the traditional Chinese buildings.






In any well-established culture, we can find intriguing patterns that have a strong mathematical background. In China, the well-known Chinese lattices are often works of high artistic value and in many of them, we can find principles of Euclidean and transformation geometry. (Referenced from http://atcm.mathandtech.org/EP2009/papers_invited/2812009_17224.pdf) 

I actually found a great source that explored selected examples of Chinese lattices. They showed how to assign a plane symmetry group signature to a lattice and demonstrated how Chinese lattices can be modelled using Geometer's sketchpad. 


Today, I've explored a new pattern from west culture and incorporated it into the project. I've been explored the new knowledge and assimilated the things I've seen from online. 


No comments:

Post a Comment